Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fonzies Ponzi

Over the past month we have been infiltrated by stories about the Ponzi scheme which was the brainchild of Bernie Madoff and how he admittedly has scammed people out of a total of $50 Billion dollars. Recent reports say the number may be more like $17 Billion. I personally do not think we will really ever be sure how much money was scammed. Anyway not being real up on this kind of stuff I did not know what this was all about at first. If you know me, sometimes I can be hard of hearing, so at first I thought people were talking about a “Fonzie” scheme and it involved Greg Maddox who was a pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.


So when the suggestion came to write about Maddox ( Oopps Madoff) my twisted little mind started to think of how “Fonzie” would put together a scheme like this with the help of all the rest of his “Happy Days” co-conspirators. If you think about it, the past 30 years or so have been very “Happy Days” for Madoff, which incidentally is about the period of time that Happy Days has been off the air. Think about it over all these years, he was probably just singing his way to the bank.


So what about this “Fonzi” Scheme, do you really think he would have the brains to pull it off or was he just the front man. I personally think it was all Opies’ idea. Ooops I meant Richie Cunnigham . Richie was kind of the ring leader coming up with ideas and his henchmen Ralph Malph and Potsie would kind of just screw things up for him. Potsie is where I got confused, think of it , if Arthur Fonzarelli had been Arther Ponzarelli, then it really could be a Ponzie Scheme. Mr.C was the mouth of the organization because he could sell anything and who would not trust a short little pudgy guy. (And I am not talking about myself here)


They now say that they are finding smaller Ponzie schemes that have been going on around the country. There is one that is much smaller in Boca Raton, Florida in which they say the guy scammed $50,000,000 but now cannot be found. In our Happy Days model this would be called a Chachi Scheme because Chachi was supposed to be a smaller version of Fonzie and the actor that played him, Scott Baio is also nowhere to be found.


The signature calling of Fonzi was the thumbs up signal while he was saying “Aaayyy” , I think Mr. Madoff will be getting more than a thumb up somewhere in prison and his signature calling will be something like. “ Heeeyyy”


Well, in closing and all along with our theme, here is a new song for him to sing on the way to Jail.


PONZI SCHEMES ( To the tune of the opening theme of “Happy Days”)

In case you do not remember the tune,click the link below for the Happy Days Theme Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6dOJhfrklg




Took Kings’ Money, Ponzi Scheme.

Bacons’ also, Ponzi Scheme.

Speilburg Charities, Ponzi Scheme.

Oh my gosh, what a take

Ripping off all my friends


Those days were all,

Ponzi Schemes (Those Ponzi Schemes)

These days are now,

Fucked up for me. (oh baby)



Goodbye penthouse, hello cell.

There gonna get me, cuz I screwed you.

Felt so right, but it was wrong.

That’s why I wrote this fricking song


(Musical interlude)


Took Kings’ Money, Ponzi Scheme.

Bacons’ also, Ponzi Scheme.

Speilburg Charities, Ponzi Scheme.

Oh my gosh, what a take

Ripping off all my friends


These days are now,

Fucked up for me (No Happy Days)

I’ll no longer be, Happy and Free

These prison days are all for me

These prison days are all for me, Ponzi Schemes

No comments: